Dr Tara Quinn-Cirillo (AFBPsS) is an experienced Counselling Psychologist who previously worked for the NHS for 13 years. She is an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society and is registered with The Health Care Professions Council (HCPC). Dr Quinn-Cirillo is also an AXA PPP Healthcare, Aviva, Vitality Health, Cigna and Bupa approved Psychologist: https://finder.bupa.co.uk/go/dr_tara_quinn_cirillo.
Dr Quinn-Cirillo has DBS clearance (Disclosure & Barring Service- Formally known as the Criminal Records Bureau CRB). She is also registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for the purposes of data protection.
Dr Quinn-Cirillo now works in Private Practice in Horsham and covering the surrounding areas of West Sussex, Surry and Kent.
She offers services to those experiencing a range of personal difficulties and mental health problems including:
- Individual psychological assessment and treatment for psychological issues including depression, anxiety, self esteem/confidence issues, relationship issues, bereavement & coping with loss and change, health anxiety, postnatal depression, recovery from psychosis, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), emotional dysregulation and childhood trauma.
- Group psychological treatments including depression, anxiety and postnatal depression.
- Psychological talks and training. She provides sessions on mindfulness for the Horsham Post Natal Depression Group.
As a Chartered Counselling Psychologist, she has completed core training in cognitive behavioural therapy, systemic and psychodynamic models of therapy, in line with the requirements of the British Psychological Society. She currently uses predominantly CBT, Acceptence and Commitment Therapy, Systemic and other mindfulness based approaches for presenting difficulties. This also includes support to understand the importance of relapse prevention and the facilitation of self monitoring and management of symptoms and behaviour. She also has experience of using dialectical behaviour (DBT) for treating self harm in borderline personality disorder in NHS settings and cognitive processing therapy for child sexual abuse (CPT-SA). However; Dr Quinn-Cirillo is not able to offer a DBT service within her current private practice.
Referrals must be made directly to Dr Quinn-Cirillo. This is to ensure patient data protection and risk management is upheld.
Referrals can include the following:
- Self referrals
- Other Allied Health Professionals
- Care Managers
- Public Sector and Private Care Providers
- Voluntary Sector workers
- Family members/Carers (with consent of clients as appropriate)
I work from my clinic in Market Square, central Horsham.
I also use alternative clinic locations for specific referrers in Surrey and Kent. I am willing to travel and source alternative locations as required.
I conduct community based assessments and treatments where appropriate.
Please contact me for details of fees and payment.
Private Psychological Service Specifically for Adults with Autistic Spectrum Conditions and Adults with a Learning Disability:
Dr Quinn-Cirillo previously worked as a senior psychologist for the NHS in a community team for adults with Learning Disabilities.
Her private work now includes roles as a Clinical Reviewer for NHS England and a Specialist Advisor for the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
She is also involved in conducting the Care and Treatment Reviews (CTR’s) for individuals with a Learning Disability living in hospital settings. This is now an ongoing project by NHS England and forms part of the national response to Winterbourne View.
Dr Quinn-Cirillo has written research blogs for The Learning Disability Elf. http://www.thelearningdisabilitieself.net.
She is also a guest lecturer for the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at The University of Surrey. She has also been guest lecturer on Learning Disability for the Doctorate in Counselling Psychology at London Metropolitan University and the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at The Salomons Centre.
Her specific interests within Learning Disability are mental health, emotional instability and supporting the well being and mental health of carers. She has an interest in training and support for carers and staff working with complex cases and personality issues and an additional interest in mindfulness based approaches to managing mental health problems. As an experienced Psychologist within Learning Disability, she is skilled at adapting a range of therapy models for this client group, including the use of extensive visual aids to supplement a clients understanding of their assessment, formulation and treatment of presenting difficulties.
Specific Psychological Services Offered for those with a Learning Disability:
- Consultancy service for public and private providers including advice on clinical issues and care standards.
- Private psychological assessment, formulation and treatment for individuals with a Learning Disability and/or mental health problems including:
- Mental health including depression/ anxiety/OCD/ psychosis
- Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome
- Trauma and CSA
- Relapse prevention
- Somatisation disorders
- Challenging Behaviour
- Sexuality and relationships
- Health related issues including personal health and safety.
- Bereavement and managing loss/change
- Emotional Dysregulation
- Risk assessment and management including HCR-20.
- Group interventions including mental health conditions such as Psychosis, anxiety, women’s health.
- Reformulation of existing diagnosis and presentation
- Relapse prevention
3. Teaching and training for academic institutions/care providers/support agencies/health professionals.
4. Teaching, training and psychological support for staff including managing complex cases such as working with personality issues, self harm and challenging behaviour.
5. Individual/group psychological support for carers/families of people with learning disabilities, including specific conditions such as depression or anxiety.
Dr Tara Quinn-Cirillo (CPsychol, AFBPsS), Chartered Counselling Psychologist