Horsham Psychology offers services to adults over the age of 21 experiencing a range of mental health problems or personal difficulties.
I am a compassionate and extremely experienced psychologist and together we will formulate your presenting difficulties and develop a comprehensive treatment plan to help you help you better understand yourself your thoughts, emotions, physical symptoms and how these affect the way that you behave and live your life.
The treatment I offer focuses on helping patients create a ‘core shift’ in understanding and managing their presenting issues and therefore empowering patients towards long term change occurring rather than sort term ‘quick fix’ approaches.
I have a broad clinical background which includes adult mental health conditions and adults with learning disabilities and those on the autistic spectrum. I have a comprehensive understanding of human behaviour and how to assess, formulate and create behavioural change both on an individual an systemic level. In addition I use my skills in assessing interpersonal dynamics and how these factors may contribute to a presenting difficulty or situation. I have additional skills in risk assessment and management, which have significant clinical utility in helping patients in managing any presenting risk issues.
I use empirically based psychological interventions including Cognitive Behavioural therapy (CBT) and 3rd wave CBT therapy known as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
Some of the conditions and presentations that I may treat include:
- Depression/lowered mood
- Anxiety issues including generalised anxiety, panic attacks, social anxiety.
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Childhood trauma and abuse.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Mood disorders including bipolar disorder.
- Health anxiety
- Somatoform disorders including body dysmorphic disorder.
- Postnatal depression
- Specific phobias.
- Dissociative disorders.
- Understanding substance and alcohol misuse
- Psychosis recovery work
- Relapse prevention work
- Clinical re-formulation of presenting issues.
- Understanding neurological conditions including the effects of brain injury, stroke, ADHD, autistic spectrum disorder, memory issues, general cognitive functioning changes e.g. due to long term psychotropic medications, dementia or other conditions causing cognitive decline.
Other presenting life issues causing distress:
- Sleep disorders
- Anger issues
- Loss and transition
- Loss through suicide
- Self esteem issues
- Exploring a negative relationship with food.
- Gender and identity issues
- Relationship/interpersonal difficulties.
- Work related stress and interpersonal issues
Consultancy and training
- I have undergone additional training in providing consultancy and training to businesses in managing staff wellbeing and interpersonal dynamics.
- Lecturing to Universities.
- Training and talks for care agencies
- Media consultancy
Private Psychological Service Specifically for Adults with Autistic Spectrum Conditions and Adults with a Learning Disability:
Specific Psychological Services Offered:
- Consultancy service for public and private providers including advice on clinical issues and care standards.
- Private psychological assessment, formulation and treatment for individuals with a Learning Disability and/or mental health problems including:
- Mental health including depression/ anxiety/OCD/ psychosis
- Trauma and CSA
- Relapse prevention
- Somatisation disorders
- Challenging behaviour
- Sexuality and relationships
- Health related issues including personal health and safety.
- Bereavement and managing loss/change
- Emotional dysregulation
- Risk assessment and management including the HCR-20.
- Group interventions including mental health conditions such as psychosis, anxiety, women’s health.
- Reformulation of existing diagnosis and presentation
- Relapse prevention
3. Teaching and training for academic institutions/care providers/support agencies/health professionals.
4. Teaching, training and psychological support for staff including managing complex cases such as working with personality issues, self harm and challenging behaviour.
5. Individual/group psychological support for carers/families of people with learning disabilities, including specific conditions such as depression or anxiety.